background

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lemon Merengue Pie


Unfortunately, I did not save the recipe I used for this pie.  Let me just tell you though, making a lemon merengue pie is super hard!  I had never done it before, and one day had this insatiable craving.  So I got all the ingredients I needed and started baking.  Yikes, it took me two hours.  What with the crust, the filling, the merengue.  So much whipping going on in my kitchen at once!  And I don't think I did the filling just right because it never quite set up.  It still tasted great though, just not the firm gelatin texture I was expecting.  The merengue however turned out perfectly, and I am proud of that because I had to whip it in a plastic bowl.  I wasn't confident it would set up, but it actually did just fine.  And was probably the best part of the whole pie, even after the Nilla Wafer crust I invented.

So, I think I will need to try this one again sometime.  If any of you have any good tips on how to get the filling just perfect, or have a great recipe, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment