background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Kale Salad



Now this is something I never actually got to taste.  Sad day, right?  But for the longest time I have been wanting to try making a kale salad.  All the recipes I had been reading recommended pairing it with green apple, because kale can be a little bitter.  So I got a bundle of kale and a golden delicious apple to get started.

Another tip I found somewhere was to crunch the kale leaves as you pull them from the stalk.  For whatever reason, this helps to curb the bitterness as well.

But here is what you will need to make my Kale and Apple Salad.

1 bunch kale
1 golden delicious apple
1 bunch radishes
1 scallion
Feta cheese
Sweet Balsamic dressing

For the kale, like I said, just rip it off the stalk into the pieces and crunch them with your fingers.  Make the pieces fairly small.  Clean the radishes and apples and chop them into bite size pieces.  Mince the scallion.  In a large bowl, toss the kale, radishes, apples and scallions together until they are nice a mixed.  Then, pour enough dressing to coat everything evenly (without saturating it).  Top with crumbled feta cheese.

Like I said, I didn't get a chance to taste it, but it smelled incredible, and there wasn't any left by the time dinner was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment