background

Monday, January 21, 2013

Chopped



Yes yes, I love the show Chopped.  So, the other night while Nick was rummaging around the cupboards saying he was hungry, I took it as a challenge.  I wanted to do my own Chopped meal.

Basket Ingredients:

Mayo
Chipotle Pasta Mix
Dominos Hot Sauce
Spinach

Plan of attack:  PIZZA!

Other ingredients:

Mozzarella cheese
Cooked Chicken
Banana Peppers
Green onions
Flour, yeast, sugar, water, olive oil (Dough)

Yes, this was a very different pizza indeed.  We had a Suddenly Salad box mix and a left over thing of hot sauce from a few weeks ago.  Nick had been saying he wanted something spicy, so all those ingredients just popped into my head.  Sort of like a buffalo chicken pizza.  I figured it would work just fine.

I made my yummy pizza dough, which is super easy.  And I don't let it rise either so it turns into a nice crispy thin crust.  Then I mixed the chipotle salad seasoning with mayo and the hot sauce, spread that over the rolled out dough, and topped it with cheese, chicken, peppers, onions, and spinach.  Let it bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, and voila, $10,100 dish!  Let's just say, Nick ate almost the entire thing (he saved a piece for me), told me it was the very best pizza I had ever made for him, and insisted we go out and get the ingredients to make it again.

Success?  I would say so!





No comments:

Post a Comment