background

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Brie Stuffed French Toast



This is an idea that I had while rummaging around my fridge tonight, trying to think of something to make myself.  I love cheese, and the other day I bought myself a small package of spreadable Brie, because it is a cheese I can eat by itself.  Not to mention it has fantastic flavor, and can be used in so many preparations.

My idea was to use some of the slices of Cinnabon bread I had to make french toast, and make a creamy filling out of the Brie.  And it turned out even better than I had expected.  Way better than any stuffed french toast I've gotten at IHOP.

And it is very simple as well.  To start, mix 1 tbsp of spreadable Brie and 1 tbsp cream cheese until it's smooth.  Then add a drop of vanilla and stir it in.  Next, add powdered sugar, just enough to make the mixture nice a creamy.  You want it thick, but spreadable.  Set it aside.

Beat together 1 egg, drop of vanilla, and 1 tbsp half and half.  Set aside.  On a slice of Cinnabon cinnamon bread, spread the Brie filling evenly over one side.  Dip the other side until it is soaked in the egg mixture.  Place in a hot buttered pan.  Dip another slice of bread in  the egg mixture, only soaking one side, and place it dry side down on top of the slice already in the pan, creating a sandwich.  Brown and then flip.  When both sides are sufficiently browned, remove from the pan, butter, and then douse with syrup and powdered sugar.

And then if you are me, toss in the blender with some milk and puree away.

Of course this recipe is only for one serving, I can't get my husband to eat french toast to save his life.  But, obviously you can easily double or even quadruple to feed however many people you want!  It's a super tasty treat for any meal, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment